Sunday, February 4, 2018

Jan Close- Feb Begins

The skies around here have been throwing out some magical colours with sunsets and sunrises - Pete
Sultana Grapes from our Vine.
took this one on his way to work the other day! (unfortunately, the photo just wont download - so maybe next time!).  January seems to have come and gone - its one of those months that begin with holiday and wind down mode, venturing into planning mode and it seems just as you feel ready to begin the New Year, its the last week of January ...... or the first week of February!  I'd meant to write a couple of posts by now, but time has a way of slipping through your fingers before you realise.  I've spent January working on a pattern for a cotton crocheted

market bag which I finished ....... and took to the farmers market last weekend to try it out.  I was really pleased with what I could fit into it (the slightly different shaped base), and the shoulder strap worked like a charm (no cutting into the shoulder with added weight in the bag).  I also like that its all one piece with just the one join which is crocheted anyhow giving extra strength to it.






  I prefer to work with cotton yarn during the height of summer as my fingers don't get sweaty like they do if I work with wool.  I decided to use some cotton I recently purchased and add some stash yarn to it to make one of Laura Aylors shawl patterns - mine will be a summer shawl (hopefully to use on a beach somewhere before too long!)  So this was what I worked on Friday night when I joined in with all the girls taking part in FNWF.  It's a free pattern called Touchstone and Laura now goes by Fogbound Knits if you are looking for her patterns.
 
I thought I'd finish here by showing this gum tree from our back yard (which I may have shown you
before)...... it's been slowly dying the past year although we made several attempts to save it - at one stage we thought we had as a branch of new growth came out looking healthy and strong, but then it started dying off as well.  Several breeds of birds still seem to be very fond of it, although they don't get to hide in the leaves quite like they used to be able to ........
Tomorrow is my Blog Anniversary - it will be 8 years since I started Country Fragrance ......





9 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Congrats 8 yearsyey.... Well done .....

Jo said...

Happy blogiversary... Keep it up.

Beca said...

Happy Blogiversary! Love the grape clusters in the bowl. I know all too well how fast time passes. It looks like you've gotten a lot done. The market bag looks so pretty and I think you will get plenty of use out of it.
xx Beca

Kaisievic said...

The market bag looks perfect - so glad that it worked well for you.

Lin said...

Congratulations on your blogaversary - the market bag looks great! xx

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Happy Blogoversary. I love your market bag, though I'm sorry to hear about your tree. I hope it will recover :)

Janet said...

Happy blog anniversary! I like your market bag and the shawl looks very pretty. So sad to see trees die, but I guess they reach their end of life too.

Maria said...

Happy Bloggerversary...
The crocheted bag is fabulous...
Shame you couldn't save the tree.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Happy Blogaversary! I'm just a year behind you.....Love your beautiful market bag - it really turned out nice. Looking forward to seeing the shawl. Too bad about the gum tree, but now it makes a nice perch for bird watching. We lost a big tree right in our front yard, too - it took several years to die and then the tree cutter said he wouldn't take it down because it was twisted towards the house. We've been watching it slowly lose its limbs and start to grow mushrooms.....It's interesting to watch, but we avoid it in the wind :) Hope your week is lovely. xx Karen