Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Farewell Holidays

Yep, it's sad to say I'm back to work this morning! I've soooo enjoyed having 3 weeks away from
Pete seeing to the grapes
the stress and red tape and nonsense and I've tried to make the most of it .......  lots of R and R; time in the garden and the sewing room, time reading, getting back into some crochet, picking up my exercise, time just sitting watching some movies and TV shows, beginning another round of 12WBT and catching up on a few letters and just pottering around at home ........ It's also been nice to have a couple of weeks at home with Pete here to!  He decided to check out how the grapes were coming along and get them netted before the birds start eating them - even though it will be a while before they are ready for eating ...... we couldn't believe how many there were!!!


 Ok, so the pottering may have been a number of "keep the house clean ready for prospective buyers" and a tad bit of sorting of various spots, but hey!  Any how, thought I'd quickly show a few of the yarny goodies I've been working on as well as some I uncovered when I sorted through the sewing room hunting for the hexie tablecloth ........  I've started a queen size crochet blanket that will be for our bed!
 And then found the one I started a few years back and had put aside ........... I guess I'll be getting back to it at some point this year since I really want to address the UFO's

Of course when you find 1 UFO, you tend to find others ....... a pair of fingerless gloves still waiting for the 2nd glove .......

and the sweater I started in Winter and put aside .....

And of course I still have 2 more cushion covers to finish crocheting for son and DIL to make the set of 6.  Since I recently saw a photo they had on FB with the other 4 in use, I best make these last 2 a priority!


Hoping to link this post up with Janine over at Rainbow Hare who is hosting Wool on Sundays (even though I'm a couple days late ......)
The animals have also been enjoying having us at home ......Cliffy (lorikeet) has been spending time getting around the back veranda area and just loves this old ironing board Pete picked up a couple of months ago from a clearance sale!   And with that I bid you good night xo



7 comments:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

You have found some great UFOs there :) I'm looking forward to seeing them grow. Thank you for linking up with Wool on Sundays :)

Lin said...

Good luck with your if ufo's in 2018. xx

Helen said...

Hope you have a lovely start back at work, always enjoy reading your posts and seeing your project.

Jo said...

You can do it...
Now you have plenty of renewed projects to settle you back into work.

Susan said...

Holidays go so quickly....plenty of UFOs to keep you occupied....and without a trip north!

Michelle Ridgway said...

I am sure our ufos multiply when we aren't looking! Some lovely ufos there though. Holidays always seem to fly by don't they x

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hi Sharm, wow - lots of grapes you have to look forward to! Love all your ufo projects - I think that is a theme this year with many of us bloggers! I have a few myself.....It's always a good feeling to get them finished. Your work break sounded wonderfully relaxing and good for the spirits. I see you have a pet bird - I have a cockatiel. He is 18 years old now, but still a little devil. Thank you for all your kind visits and friendship. Looking forward to following along with you in 2018! xx Karen