Friday, March 18, 2016

Busy Bee ..........

I seem to be buzzing around as busy as a bee of late.  I wonder if it's because Autumn is here
(although we are still having summer like weather) and I'm just trying to get things "in hand" before Winter descends ?  Something else I've noticed is that I still don't have an actual "name" for my little cabin where all my craftwork is stored, other than "the cabin".  While I do have a nice stash of fabrics and a couple of sewing machines in there, I also have a wonderful large - ish stash of yarn, a spinning wheel, wool winding gear, and then of course the soap making stuff and beeswax is also stored in here (ok, so I still have a drawer and a couple of small tubs and a basket or two of bits inside as well - but we aren't talking about those just now lol).  
 Although I love chooks and often get referred to as the chook lady when it comes to asking about chook related things, we already have a real chook house up the back .......










I was musing over "Sheep Shack" for a day or two when I noticed all the bees busy on the garlic
chives that are in flower and just outside "the cabin" ......... it occurred to me that I'm just as busy as they particularly when it comes to all my craft and the cabin is overflowing with crafting bits and bobs (honey) ......... perhaps calling it "The Beehive" might be a better name.   The more I think about it, the more I'm loving it ........ and as you can see it's slowly being surrounded by pot plants and flowers.  The back of it is where I'm planning to make a kitchen garden (since our big vegie patch was pulled out by DH a couple of years ago due to gum trees having grown over it).  The window still needs to be painted (and not that dark colour somebody started doing it in lol).
  So.......... what do you think??

2 comments:

Lin said...

I think The Beehive sounds great - works with your hexagon tablecloth too! xx

Anthea said...

I'm with Lin... I like the Beehive, or even The Hive... great idea!