Friday, November 14, 2014

Shooing Bunnies....



I've been busy shooing Dust Bunnies the past couple of days...... my goodness they've been busy over Winter and it seems like they have pretty much taken over the house!!  I have a huge allergy to them, so they need to go ....... 

 and after visiting Apple Blossom Dreams blog and seeing how neat Astri has her home looking, it inspired me to get back into the decluttering I had started on at the beginning of the year before we had all the changes and side tracks with various life crisis here.  It's certainly been an intense year and we still have a bit longer to go to see how a couple of those situations work out....... prayers over the next 2- 3 weeks would be most welcome for our family.



So a start has been made and I feel like I might actually be
able to start working out where things should go.  The house seems rather dark with  our dark furniture (which was bought for our house up in Townsville that was almost completely white including white floor tiles, which were already there when we bought), and the dark aubergine feature wall here, and same coloured architraves and skirting boards throughout (also already that colour when we moved in here 4 1/2 yrs ago) ............. I'd like to lighten it up a bit........ I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to do that just at the moment.  We won't be purchasing new furniture
and I know DH will not be wanting the good wooden furniture painted....... the wooden floors are still waiting to be sanded back and done properly (perhaps a lighter colour on them would help??) 

I also need to get a nice white lace tablecloth for our table as that would help too.  Extra furniture is sitting in the living rooms until the adult children move back out......... speaking of which..... our daughter looks like she will be making the move to Melbourne in just a couple of weeks and is sorting through her room as we speak ..........
The bedrooms in the house are very, very small, and we even extended out under the eaves to manage to get a wardrobe built into our room............. Our bed needs a nice cover for it.......I feel some stitching coming on lol......... I'll be doing something for our bed and I plan on using whites, lavenders and greys I think ....... based on a lovely little clock I've just purchased...... but I'll wait till it arrives to show and tell.  I've also just purchased a great pattern for a crocheted rug which I hope to get made up very soon........ stay posted!  Thought I would leave you seeing the lovely bunch of flowers I just brought in from the garden..... some of the roses have the most amazing fragrance!

2 comments:

Melody said...

A white, lavender and grey quilt will be gorgeous

janet said...

For the living room to lighten things up a bit try making light or bright throw pillows and possibly purchased throw rugs!!