Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mission Accomplished!

Don't you just love it when you can look around and see your home nice and clean and tidy! 
 Let me tell you, it sure wasn't looking that way this morning - You know how it is when everyone comes in and dumps bits here and there, piles grow and dust seems to accumulate with it. I looked around this morning and it was driving me crazy - more so after having spent all that time and effort getting the house in Townsville all clean and set up ready for tenants! I was so exhausted when I got back (and it's taken me till today to recover from it) - well I'm afraid mine fell apart - but not anymore! 



Whenever the cleaning seems to be overwhelming and you get that feeling of " I don't know where to even begin"? -  Well, That's when I start with a corner of a room - usually the lounge room since I'll be able to see that straight away and focus on what a difference it makes!  Today I started in the corner of the lounge where I've made a little "mini office type of area".  I have a small $29 desk, the filing cabinet and a small table on which I have filing baskets to sort out the paperwork.  So I started my cleaning here this morning.....

 It must have been making quite a difference cause when Hubbie arrived home just after lunch time from having worked all morning, he looked around and grabbed his pile of bits and pieces to take out to his shed and then brought in a wonderful big load of firewood to fill up the basket, and stoked up the fire ready to sit and relax (the lounge/ living and kitchen area were looking good by then)  And I moved on to do our bedroom and the bathroom.  (The laundry and spare room are for another day LOL)

- and now, everything is nice and clean, wood items have been oiled down with natural orange oil today, floors had a dash of essential lavender oil added to the water before mopping, dusting done, piles from dumping grounds have been addressed!  Oil burners and candles are sending a delicious fragrance throughout the house and giving a wonderful feeling of "now sit, relax, enjoy" kind of mood! 
So I guess now that is all done, (and it's raining outside - so no gardening today lol), It must be time to choose one of those baskets of crochet to pick up and continue on with.  As per usual, I'm in the midst of several projects - Is there another way???
Seems this photo has turned out a little blury - but you can still see the baskets of projects at various stages
Another little bag almost finished for one of my nieces for her birthday in July, the Tigers Rug in progress for little Jaxson for Christmas (yes, I'm getting ahead this year and starting work on projects for Christmas before I find out there are only 2 weeks left and no time!) I also will need to do a footy rug for each of the other 2 grandies! Next basket contains a shrug I'm knitting for myself and the basket at the back near the window has the very start of another blanket and some "ideas" for other projects.  Talking of little crocheted baskets....... I have 3 nieces to make one each for (all from the same family, Sister Kathy and BIL Jim - and would you believe each of these little girls have their birthday in July!)  The pressure is on! 

The first was finished a few weeks back - I blogged about it then (This will be for the eldest), the one above will be for the youngest - That leaves the middle little precious............. Luckily, during a trip down the Towns main street yesterday I happened on this little bit of inspiration.............. I guess this will be basket number 3!
And now my friends, I'm off to enjoy a cuppa, while I sit and relax with some yarn and a hook :)


2 comments:

Cheryll said...

Your home looks lovely and tidy and so you can sit and relax and do some of that other tidying... your craft basket..lol.
I'm exhausted just reading what you've done! :)

Wendy said...

Your home sounds lovely after all that hard work. It definitely sounds like time to enjoy some crochet.