Saturday, December 17, 2011

Friday Night Sew In

  It was my first time joining in with the Friday Night Sew IN hosted by Heidi  ......... unfortunately, at my house, it was kind of along similar lines to that of  ChristineI only managed a small amount of stitching due to a few things............. probably not being as well organized as I maybe should have, but at least I did manage to get another couple of little trees done..........

Things got a little late and chaotic last night...... after getting home from work, it was a quick pack up of the car to get down to Yarrawonga for the christmas street market (and my first market stall) - as it turned out, there was no need for the big rush as things were a little slow to get started, but soon picked up.............. the candle melts turned out to be a big hit - Thanks to DD Stacey who spent the time during the day wrapping the ribbon around  all the ones I spent making on Thurs night - Don't they look cute

Now this post cannot come to an end without saying a big thankyou to my lovely snail mail pal Lyn from Tenterfield whom I've been penpalling with for a few years now.  She put this lovley table runner together for me ........ no doubt using her sewing machine set up on her big verandah overlooking her paddocks..... wonder if the roos were out at the time???  (Lyn, you really need to get a blog going!)
http://www.handmadebyheidi.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharmayne your candle melts look great and what a lovely runner your friend sent,oh well done on your 1st FNSI your little trees are so cute.

Maria said...

I love my little tree so I am sure these will be loved too.
Nice candle melts.
Your friend does need a blog and the table runner is just gorgoeus.

Vicki said...

Those trees are very sweet - congratulations on you first FNSI

Unknown said...

I love your threes and they seem easy to do!
Manuela

Christine M said...

Your trees look lovely Sharm. I think you achieved a bit more than I did! lol

Sharm said...

Thanks girls, It was great taking part with everyone & I promise to be a little more organized & proactive next time :)